WESTMAN ISLAND EXPRESS
Experience the Westman island on a friendly and personal way with your local guide that will take you around the whole island.
We start by going to Sprangan, where your guide will show you his amazing local skills. Spranga is like swinging in a rope from the cliff.
You will get to explore the whole island and witness for example Icelandic sheeps, horses and puffins. In this tour you will go to all the hot spots in Heimaey such as: Herjólfsdalur, Skansinn, Stórhöfði (the windiest place in Europe) and get to hear the amazing stories about our beautiful island and see the culture of the islander.
We will drive in the middle of the volcano Eldfell, where it all started and you will get to hear the whole story of the eruption 1973 and your guide will tell you his personal story of how the eruption affected his family back then. In the end of the tour you will visit two of the amazing museums in the island. At the visit to the the Aquarium (Sæheimar) you will get to hold and pet the live puffin, Tóti.
The last stop will be at the exhibition Eldheimar that focus on the 1973 eruption in Westman Islands.
- Sprangan – where you can see your guide do the islander local acrobatic
- Stórhöfði – the windiest place in Europe with loads of puffins and other seabirds
- Eldfell – you will be in the middle of a volcano
- Elephant rock – you will see the famous elephant rock
- Herjólfsdalur -you will see the ruins of the farmhouse of the first settler of Westman islands
- Skansinn- you will see the wooden viking church
- Eldheimar- the volcano museum
Min. 2 pass. | Tour length: 2 hrs. Season: 20.September – 20.April