INTO THE GLACIER - SUPER JEEP
TO THE GLACIER WITH STYLE
Imagine yourself riding on a glacier in a Super Jeep on your way Into The Glacier! Enjoying the stunning glacier view and feeling the over sized tires underneath while crawling surely up towards the magical ice tunnels.
Go on a adventures day with a Super Jeep to Iceland´s second largest glacier and the worl´s largest man-made ice tunnel.
Departing from Reykjavik on a Super Jeep that picks you up at your hotel or guesthouse. The Super Jeep takes you up to Langjokull, Iceland‘s second biggest glacier and the only place where you can explore an ice cap from inside. On the way to the glacier we stop at the scenic Hraunfossar waterfalls and see the water run on lava made from Langjokull under glacier eruption ages ago. At Husafell we make a lunch stop at Hotel Husafell before we continue to the glacier. The ice tunnels are located at 1250 meters above sea level and the Super Jeep takes you right to the top! The ice tunnels reach about 300 meters Into The Glacier and an experienced guide walks with you through the majestic world of the glacier while informing and educating.
On the way back the Super Jeep drive continues down from the glacier and to Thingvellir National Park through Kaldidalur highland track. This highland track is an ancient road that the Vikings used to travel to the national parliament in Thingvellir. Thingvellir is a UNESCO heritage site and a very important place to the Icelandic Nation. After a stop at the national park we head back to Reykjavik and drop you off at your hotel in the afternoon.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please note that Thingvellir National Park is not always accessible due to road conditions. Please check with us to see if Thingvellir will be in the itinerary.
- The length of the tour is dependent on contions on the glacier, road and weather. The tour might be shorter or longer than the estimated length of the tour.
- We reserve the right to change the itinerary and the mode of transport/cancel the trip, according to weather or road conditions, or circumstances beyond our control.
- Half price discount for 12-15 years old – does not apply to group bookings
- Please note that there is a minimum of 4 guests needed to operate the tour
- Super Jeep Tour – all the way!
- Pick up at your hotel/guesthouse at 08:30
- Stop at Hraunfossar waterfalls on the way to Langjokull Glacier
- Lunch stop in Husafell at Hotel Husafell (lunch not included)
- Into The Glacier tour with guide for one hour
- Kaldidalur Highland Track
- Thingvellir National Park
- Arrive back in Reykjavik in the afternoon