INTO THE GLACIER - HELI TOUR
SEE THE GLACIER FROM THE TOP - AND THE BOTTOM
Departing from Reykjavik in a helicopter, taking you to Langjokull glacier with amazing views of Reykjavik city, lava fields, craters, colorful mountain rangers and hot springs on the way.
This tour is really a once in a life time unique experience! To fly free like a bird over the land of fire and ice, landing on the glacier and exploring it from the INSIDE is as magical as it sounds.
On the way from Reykjavik to Langjokull glacier the chopper lands in the beautiful hot spring area of Volcano Hengill, which is an important source of geothermal energy for the south of Iceland. We then fly over Thingvellir National Park and very clearly see the division between the two tectonic plates. Skjaldbreidur volcano, is also another impressive landmark of this tour, featuring a perfect conic shape and crater.
As we approach Langjokull glacier we start to notice deep crevasses and steep ice falls. It is an amazing opportunity to get to view the glacier from above, making us feel like having arrived back to Ice Age! We land on top of Langjokull by the ice tunnels and the glacier‘s raw and primitive forces take over. How small one can feel against mother nature. We go Into The Glacier and explore its interior and surreal beauty the glacier hides inside. If the weather doesn‘t allow landing on the glacier, specially modified glacier vehicles will take you safe and surely on the top of the glacier to the ice tunnels, the drive takes about half an hour and is guided with experienced English speaking guides.
- Departure from Reykjavik Private Airport, beside Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura (no pick up at hotel or guesthouse)
- Duration of trip is 3-4 hours (to the glacier and back, with stops on the way).
- Minimum 3 persons per group
- Helicopter Tour
- Scenic aereo views over lava, craters and the tectonic plates
- Land at volcano Hengill
- Land on Langjokull glacier
- One hour guided tour Into The Glacier
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Minimum 3 persons per trip
- We reserve the right to change the itinerary and the mode of transport/cancel the trip according to weather or road conditions, or circumstances beyond our control.
- 25% discount for children 0 – 11 yrs. Does NOT apply to group bookings.
- Teenagers will be charged as adults.