ICE CLIMBING AND GLACIER HIKING FROM REYKJAVIK
The ever-changing glacier has spectacular scenery and perfect locations for a day out ice climbing. This tour offers the whole scale of difficulty, from easy climbing to harder steep walls.
Since the tour is focused on climbing, the group travels towards a suitable climbing location with exciting stops on the way. Journey along the South coast of Iceland is just an icing on the cake!
In just one day you will experience:
- spectacular South coast of Iceland
- guided hiking on Sólheimajökull outlet glacier
- ice climbing session tailored for your level
- scenic stop at Skógafoss waterfall
Don´t worry about the equipment, the price of the tour includes waterproof mountaineering boots, technical glacier equipment and extra rain gear.
Also, low client to guide ratio is a matter of course, same as experienced and certified guides.
See the program of your trip:
- We pick you up at your accommodation in Reykjavík at 08:00. Please note that it can take about 20 minutes to pick everyone up.
- The road takes us along a spectacular South coast with ash mountains, waterfalls and volcanos. The journey lasts about 2 hours, making one stop mid way where you can buy lunch and use restroom.
- Before 10:45 we reach the final destination of Sólheimajökull outlet glacier. We gear up at parking lot and start the hike to the glacier.
- We work our way through the crevassed world of ice until we find a decent spot for climbing. During the ice climbing session you will learn the basic movement of ice climbing receiving feedback to improve your skills. We can explore different locations during the day so you have the opportunity to try out different levels of difficulty.
- Between climbing sessions, our guide will introduce you properly the glacial wonder world.
- After about 3,5 to 4 hours on the ice we make our way back to the parking lot.
- From there we have a 15min drive to Skógafoss waterfall where we make a short scenic stop. The ones with some energy left can climb up to enjoy magnificent view of the waterfall from above.
- Afterwards we drive back to Reykjavík aiming to be at your hotel between 19:00 and 20:00.
Meet us at location! Join us at Sólheimajökull parking lot (Road#221) at 10:45 for the glacier hiking tour. Trip duration: 5-6 hours (round trip from parking lot at Sólheimajökull).
What to bring:
Warm waterproof outdoor clothing, head wear and gloves, snack and water bottle that can be refilled on the glacier.
Certified glacier guide, Rain-gear, Mountaineering boots, Private transfer, Technical glacier equipment.
What do I need to bring?
Personal outdoor clothing, Food for the day (can be bought on the tour), small backpack.
Small groups for enhanced experiences and more safety.
We are the only operator that offers FREE OF CHARGE Mountaineering boots AND Rain-gear for all guests that need the equipment.
Our priority is that guests enjoy the Glacier walk and the excursion around the south coast without having to pay all the small extra fees.Certified glacier guides and decades of experience in the industry.