GOLDEN CIRCLE & BUGGY TOUR
FULL DAY TOUR WITH 1 HR BUGGY
The Golden circle is one of the most popular routes in Iceland and well worth visiting. The sights on this tour include Thingvellir national park where the foundation of the Icelandic parliament began in 930 AD.
It is a site of geological wonders, as it lies in a rift valley that marks the crest of the Mid-Atlantic ridge. The rift is clearly visible and the movement of the tectonicplates pulls apart the island about 2,5 cm every year. Thingvellir is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The mighty Geysir is a dormant hot spring but Strokkur erupts about every 4-10 minutes, sprouting the hot water 15 to 20 meters high and sometime up to 40 meters.
Gullfoss, or the “Golden falls”, comes from the glacier river Hvitá. As one first approaches the falls, the crevice is obscured from view so that it appears that a mighty river simply vanishes into the earth.
Somewhere along the way, we stop for the action part of the day – the 1 hour Buggy tour.
You get the opportunity to get the rally feeling and your adrenaline pumping, as you drive gravel roads and tracks, not accessible by regular cars. What better way to add diversity to your day?
The location of the Buggy tour depends on the season and conditions each day. We recommend you bring extra clothes, in case you get wet and dirty on the Buggy tour!
GOOD TO KNOW
- Included: Guided sight seeing tour, coach transfer, 1 hr. Buggy tour (2 in each Buggy)
- Helmets, gloves, balaclava and water resistant overalls
- Pick up at hotels/guesthouses
- Good to have: waterproof hiking shoes, something warm under the overall, your camera
- Good to know: there will be stops made on the way for you to switch drivers
- stops are made where you can buy something to eat
- you need a valid driving license to drive the buggy
- Transportation: Minibus
- Minimum: 2 Passengers
- Pick up time: 08:30 to 09:00
- Pick up location: Hotels and guesthouses in the Reykjavík area
- Operation: All year
- Duration: up to 10 hrs.