GLACIER WONDERLAND AND NORTHERN LIGHTS
Glacier Wonderland & Northern Lights is a day tour departing from Reykjavik. This day tour with Extreme Iceland gives you the opportunity to enjoy a day full of adventures, departing from Reykjavik in comfortable mini coaches.
You will get the opportunity of a life time to enjoy one of the world’s greatest wilderness; Iceland’s second largest glacier – even from the inside!
Never before the Langjokull ice caves, has anyone been able to see the beautiful blue ice at the heart of an ice cap glacier. No doubt this will be a truly memorable day.
The drive to Langjokull glacier is very scenic and on the way we make a stop by Hraunfossar waterfalls, Deildartunguhver geotherma area, Reykholt to see Snorri´s Pool and at Húsafell before taking a journey into Langjökull glacier.
At Langjokul, special modified glacier vehicles will take care of the ride up to the glacier and to the ice caves – and what a ride it is!
On the giant glacier itself you will have time to enjoy the stunning environment and view. The walk INTO the glacier itself takes around one hour and is operated with highly experienced English speaking guides.
On the way back to Reykjavík, your guide will take you wherever it is most likely to catch a glimpse of the magical northern lights.
Your guide will carefully study the weather forecast and take their experience into account when deciding on which way to go when searching for the Northern lights.
Hopefully you will find them on the tour, but please note that the northern lights are a natural phenomena and guarantees of seeing them are not possible.
Afterwards you will return back to your accommodation in Reykjavík after this legendary journey of cultural history and geological importance.
- Pickup/ Drop off
- Guided bus tour from Reykjavik
- Guided tour from Húsafell with modified glacier vehicles, Admission to the ice tunnel.
- Northern Light Tour. (If you do not see the Northern Lights, you will get a free Northern Light Tour for free on another day (depending on availability).
What do I need to bring?
- Recommended clothing and equipment:
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks. Because cold toes just take away all the fun!
- Base and mid layer clothing
- Waterproof and warm coat
- Hat & gloves – easy to take off.
- Sunglasses – sun on the glacier shines very bright when it shines…
- Camera – for those indescribable moments