BLUE ICE CAVE TOUR
Includes Super Jeep ride with a glacier trained local guide
In this tour you will experience a unique ice cave in the wonders of Vatnajökull glacier, Europe’s largest ice cap. The tour is suitable for those who want to visit a more isolated ice cave and more difficult to access.
This tour offers you great photo opportunities and an unforgettable experience. The level of this tour is hard
We visit one ice cave in this tour. This cave is more difficult to access and therefore we offer it as a more quiet and personal tour for our participants, where we have only up to 8 persons in each group.
Our guides decide if it is safe enough to do the tour according to weather and safety conditions. If we cancel the tour due to weather or safety conditions it is refundable. The ice cave tour can take between 3,5 – 6 hours. The meeting point is at Hali Country Hotel, 13 km east of Jökulsárlón. The tour is guided by a specialist in glaciers and ice caves. Driving to the location can take 25 – 30 minutes and the walk to the ice cave can take 45 – 90 minutes. We spend approximately 1 hour in the cave. You should have in mind that the walking in this tour is always in the pure Icelandic nature on gravel, rough terrain and glacier.
Rented equipment: We have rain jackets and pants to rent for this tour if needed. Rental price for jacket and pants is 1.000.- ISK
GOOD TO HAVE IN MIND
- Be at our meeting point 20 minutes before departure time
- For this tour the participants should be in good hiking condition
- Driving in Iceland in the winter time can take much longer than during the summer. We recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before a tour. You can find accommodation suggestion under useful information on our front page
- You can find useful information about the weather at www.vedur.is and the road conditions at www.vegagerdin.is
Disclaimer: All glacier trips are undertaken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by it´s customers or can be traced to their own actions.
INCLUDED AND WHAT TO BRING
- All necessary ice cave and glacier equipment
- Good hiking shoes and warm cloths.
- Camera and tripod recommended
- Availability: 9:00
- Meeting point: Hali Country Hotel reception
- Area: South East Iceland
- Type: Medium/Hard - Hard
- Group max: 8 people
- Duration: 3,5 - 6 hours